Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Allergies and Being Hot


I am miserable. I don't know if pregnancy is to blame for any of it, or just me.

In the area in which I live, every spring the yellow pollen comes. The pollen is so thick and plentiful that it coats everything outside. It turns blue cars green and gives everything a yellow hue. You can wash it off and by the next afternoon, your coated again. It's absolutely horrible for those who suffer with allergies and in fact, our daily air quality has been in the red the last few days because of it.

The thing is, I have never suffered. I look at it all in amazement but have never been bothered by it. This year is different. My head feels like it's going to explode. My nose is constantly stuffy, I am sneezing and have a slight cough. Every time I breath I can feel the dusting of pollen in my airways and it burns. I'm not sleeping very well and I feel all foggy. I would give anything for this to go away. I will add that to my list of things to talk to my doctor about on Monday. What on earth can I take to make me feel better!

My other symptom is these hot flashes. I live in a warm, heck hot state but we are just in April. I can barely walk up a flight of stair without breaking into a drenching sweat and feeling the urge to get naked and lie under a fan (nice mental image eh?) We went to the Science Center today and my god, I almost died from the heat...the thing is...it was only 80 degrees. What on earth will I do this summer when the temps are constantly in the high 90's or 100's? I have already turned my air conditioning on - which I usually don't do until at least May but I couldn't take it anymore.

I am attempting to clean the house today and I perform one task and have to stop due to the heat and sweating. Heck I have even broke out while sitting with the kids. Has anyone else experienced this?

I guess I need to add that to my list too.

1 comments on "Allergies and Being Hot"

tripntwinmom on April 28, 2009 at 5:51 PM said...

Are you kidding? I was a human oven while baking my kids!!! I was never cold enough... I was just happy that the FINAL months of my pregnancy with the twind were in the fall v. the summer with the triplets....

Just stick to indoor activities with S & K or the pool this summer...

Think of it this way: All of that heat just means that you are bgaking that little bean all the better!!!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates