Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Little Shopping Spree


For me, it's not often I get to 'let loose' and shop. Today was one of those rare occasions. All three kids needed spring/summer clothes. They typically get two years out of their summer clothes, but last year was year two. So, needless to say, I needed a fair bit for three kids.

I decided to do the majority of the shopping at Carter's. I have really started to like their store since M was born and they had some decent sales. On top of that I had a $40 gift card for there. I was able to pretty much get all the basics for S and M. I had picked up some clothes at the consignment sale for K so I didn't need as much for her. I was even able to get all three coordinating Easter outfits for pictures. All I think I still need are some summer dresses for K and some sandals for S.

I spent $280. I made $170 at the consignment sale which is what I used for today. Then I had the $40 GC. So that is $70 out of pocket. AND then they had a special stamping bonus...so for todays purchase I received $50 to spend on a future trip. It's kind of crummy that I have to spend this $50 within the next 2 weeks, but I figure I will go back and buy a few summer dresses and finish up K's wardrobe.

It's funny how a little shopping spree for the kids was so enjoyable. Not a thing bought for me...I'm such a mom :0P

And as a little aside...there was a 'Now Hiring" sign and my sister J took an application. I could totally dig my sister working there and taking advantage of that employee discount :)

1 comments on "Little Shopping Spree"

tripntwinmom on March 17, 2011 at 3:59 PM said...

Yup! I am the same way. Spent an entire day shopping. Bought things for everyone in the house BUT me and LOVED every minute of it!

Left the mall with clothes for all the kids and a pretzel for me. I was thrilled!

Amazing how priorities change when you become a mom... :)

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates