Saturday, March 5, 2011

Way Cool



For months now I have been promising the twins that I would take them to the Bodies Revealed show. I kept meaning to, but things would get in the way...money mostly. I had managed to procrastinate until the very end, this weekend is the last weekend.

I had been following the show updates and saw that the show was getting busier and busier and tickets were selling out early in the day. So my plan, wake up early Saturday and be there right at 9am when they open. Well, I was not the only one with this plan. When we pulled in the parking lot was almost full and the line extended out from the building to the back lot. Wow.

We got in line, which moved fairly quickly, but by the time we were able to buy tickets, we were given the 10:30 time slot. Luckily this display is at our local Science Center so we were able to browse the other exhibits while we waited. Of course the show was pretty locked down. No cameras, no phones, no strollers, no carriers. This made things more difficult because not only was I trying to control two 5yo in a priceless exhibit, but I also had to hold a 20 pound toddler the whole time.

It was a very cool exhibit. The twins did really well with it. They of course didn't want to take a whole lot of time with it, or let me read all the descriptions, but they did like looking at the full body displays. Almost all the full bodies were men, so the twins got lots of giggles about seeing penis'. I would have loved to go on my own and spend a lot of time, but you know me. That kind of luxury does not happen.

We got the picture because of course I wanted something from the experience. So $39 to enter (that's with a significant discount) $11 for the picture and then the twins each got a small model of a heart and the internal organs - with money they got from their aunt. Not a cheap event, but one that I enjoyed.

2 comments on "Way Cool"

Diane on March 5, 2011 at 8:29 PM said...

I do understand. I had lived with my sister as a teen while her two girls were born and grew to age four.
When I married and had my son and daughter I was confident about how to handle the first few years.
I had a big fear of the unknown especially since I had no idea how to deal with teen's.
There is a book that will help you.
It is the Bible. You must pray a lot and study but God will help you through it all.

http://grandmadianesquilts.blogspot.com/

battynurse on March 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM said...

I saw that exhibit (or a similar one) in Vegas a couple of years ago. It was pretty fascinating. Also reminded me how much of my A&P I'd forgotten.

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates