Friday, February 6, 2009

I don't even know what to say...


My 19 year old sister called me today to say that she has been diagnosed with cervical cancer. WHAT!? Of course this is early, and there may be a chance that the pap smear is wrong, but apparently she has been having some weird symptoms that could be explained by this.

Most healthy girls this young who get diagnosed with cervical cancer actually contracted the disease through a sexually transmitted disease, HPV. J, who did become sexually active quite young, swears she has never been diagnosed with this. J started having sex at the age of 14. All she used was birth control. I would get so angry because she didn't consider what she was doing as unprotected sex because she was on the pill and with only one partner. Well this stellar man who she was with has since fathered a child with another girl, and the entire time this girl was pregnant, he was trying to hook up with J. I can just imagine what he was doing when he was with my sister.

I drives me crazy that girls do this to themselves. Yes, this could have come from something non related to sex and just been a really crappy random thing, but to me it just confirms that my anger and concern from several years ago was justified.

She will go back on Monday and follow up with her doctor. Right now is a really crappy time to be going through this because our parents are in Mexico until next weekend. So poor J is all alone trying to deal with this. She has emailed my mom...hopefully my mom will find a way to call her.

1 comments on "I don't even know what to say..."

tripntwinmom on February 7, 2009 at 7:39 AM said...

Stay on her and make sure that she takes care of herself!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates