Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Yearly Walk for MS


Well I guess it's hard to say yearly since this will only be my second year, but I plan to continue walking. Last year I raised over $700 for the MS Society. Since the economy is considerably worse right now, I have a goal of $500. So far I have raised $250! The walk is in March so I have more time to reach this goal.

I have recruited a few friends to walk. Me and the husband of a friend who was diagnosed the same week as me are co-captains of our team. The team as a whole should do really well. I think we raised over $3000 last year. I'm not sure what our goal is this year but we have already surpassed $1000.

Sometimes its hard to acknowledge that I have this disease. Even every night when I inject myself with super painful drugs I manage to stay in some degree of denial about my diagnosis. I am typically someone who researches the shit out of everything but with MS, I haven't looked up one thing or read any literature. I think right now I still feel like the less I know or admit to, the better I'll be.

0 comments on "My Yearly Walk for MS"

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates