Thursday, June 25, 2009

Poor Farrah


Tonight I feel badly for Farrah Fawcet and her family. While I am a little young to truly know or appreciate her work, she was a mostly respected actress and battled courageously with rectal cancer. Being an oncology nurse, I know what a horrible disease this is and in all likelihood know some of the horrible things her body has had to endure over the past few years.

This morning she died and she deserved her time. She deserved her media coverage and memories of her career and accomplishments.

Instead, her life and death has been overshadowed by the death of another, Micheal Jackson. While MJ is an amazingly talented singer, dancer and entertainer, we cannot forget the last 10 years. He had been accused of child molestation on more than one occasion, by multiple accusers. He has acted extremely odd in many situations and has obviously shown that on so many levels that we cannot see, he is a very ill man with many demons.

Obviously I wish the death of no one. I feel extremely sad for MJ's three children and the family left behind. But had this man been less talented and not as famous, many wouldn't give a second thought to the death of a pedophile. I sincerely hope his children can find peace and love in the coming weeks and that whomever they end up being cared for, they receive the help and guidance they need to avoid the same problems as their father.

So, RIP Farrah Fawcet. Sorry about the crappy timing, but I am sure there are plenty out there mourning your loss, despite the complete lack of coverage :(

2 comments on "Poor Farrah"

tripntwinmom on June 25, 2009 at 10:45 PM said...

I agree with you there...When I read about Michael, I was caught off guard, bud sadly NOT surprised. I AM ALSO with you in the hope that his 3 young children do get the love and support that they deserve as INNOCENT vistims caught in the middle of this predicament....

RIP Farah. You WILL be remembered for all of your accomplishements and your COURAGEOUS battle in the end!

Lori on June 26, 2009 at 7:28 PM said...

I thought the same. Nicely put. I do think the recent movie about her life was something of a pre-obit, though I didn't see it.

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates