Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I Have To Get This Out


I need to vent about this particular topic and then maybe I can let it go.

Being a SMBC means that I have to open myself up to more criticism. I have to be able to show the world that not only can I care for another child on my own physically, but also emotionally and financially. It seems as though the bar is set quite high for me.

Why doesn't this standard apply to married parents. On my local parenting board there must be 3 or 4 couples who recently announced they were pregnant, after intentionally trying. All of them constantly post about how they don't have the cash to put gas in their car, or pay their rent. One of them is in marriage counselling and has openly posted that her husband is physically abusive. All of them, right after posting about their BFPs, also asked questions about pregnancy Medicaid, food stamps and WIC.

I mean, I know it's none of my business what people do with their lives, but it burns me up to know that people are second guessing the decisions I make, when I make them responsibly, taking all options into account (hey if I didn't, baby #4 wouldn't be too far away) and yet I am judged. While there are parents who really have no business trying to get pregnant and all they get are congrats and advice on how to mooch of the system.

Ok, so I don't feel that much better, but at least it's out there.

1 comments on "I Have To Get This Out"

Jenny H on August 9, 2009 at 6:13 PM said...

I COMPLETELY agree. This has been driving me nuts for a long time. When I tell people about what I want to do, it's constant criticisim and questions. Not a lot of support. When I was pregnant with V, I was married, but in a BAD marriage. We weren't on public assistance, but the marriage wasn't good. Everyone was wildly supportive. Now, I feel that I'm in a much better place in all ways, but lots of skeptics out there...It is frustrating.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates