Monday, August 3, 2009

My Kids Plot Against Me...


And it starts from in the womb.

I had my follow up US today. All M's organs look good, he has a cute profile and he appears to be right on growth wise. The problems came from other things...

My placenta is still low lying. It currently sits 2cm from my cervix. It has to be at least 10cm from my cervix to allow me the VBAC I so desperately want. I do not want another c-section and we are already discussing the possibility. My midwife is optimistic that the placenta will continue to move upwards and I should still have a attempt at a vaginal birth.

Secondly M decided to attach his umbilical cord on the very edge of the placenta. This is not great. When the umbilical cord attached along the side, as opposed to nicely in the middle, there is risk that the appropriate nutrients will not make it to M and he will have a difficult time growing. I have a friend who had twin boys and one of them had this issue. When they were born, one twin was over 6lbs and the twin with the misplaced cord only weighed about 3 lbs.

So between the low placenta and the side lying cord, I have now graduated to monthly US. You know, when I found out that this was a single pregnancy I really thought that this was going to be a one US, regular OB appointment kind of thing. I am seeing now that this pregnancy will have the frequent OB visits and US of my last pregnancy. I guess the silver lining is I will have plenty of pics of my little one...right?

1 comments on "My Kids Plot Against Me..."

tripntwinmom on August 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM said...

Yea...Look at it that way...You get to see him all the time. It seems that our kiddos just do NOT do things the easy way!

Happy to hear that everything else is FABULOUSLY healthy with Mr. M! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates