Sunday, May 10, 2009

My Absolutely Horrible Weekend


My whole weekend was ruined by one mistake, one simple mistake of which I have made many, many times before. But this time, the choice to not take my medications, would have an entirely different effect.

Saturday morning I woke up with a horrible migraine. I brought the twins downstairs and immediately ran to the sink just in time to vomit. At first I thought..."well, I had to start vomiting at some point" at this time still attributing my symptoms to pregnancy. I laid on the couch only to stay in that half asleep - half awake zone necessary when you have two 3 year old running around the house. The only thing that woke me was the need to vomit every 45-60 minutes. If I drank a small amount of fluid it was expelled almost immediately. Every time I moved I was reminded how much my head hurt. My biggest concern was the danger of dehydration and the need to be hospitalized as I had no one to watch the twins.

I fought the vomiting all day. Continuously taking in fluid as I figured I would absorb some of it during the short period of time it was in my body. I didn't eat anything and by the end of the day I doubt I had kept in 1/2 cup of fluid.

It wasn't until that evening when I started putting two and two together and realized this was not a pregnancy issue - although I'm sure it didn't help - and was rather withdrawal from not taking my anti-depressants. I switched to a new med a few months ago and just recently increased my dosage. I have never had problems before when forgetting my meds, but with this drug...it is different. Even being a nurse, I cannot understand the amazing effect this drug had on me.

I wasn't able to take and keep down my meds until late Saturday night. I vomited into the wee hours of Sunday morning and was forced into calling out of work. This totally sucks as we have very strict call-in policies for weekends and now I will be 'punished' by being assigned 2 weekends next schedule...nice. It doesn't even matter that on average I call out one or less times a year.

Anyway, I kept my Sunday sitter who was nice enough to take the twins out of my house. I spent most the day in bed. By about noon I was able to start drinking and eating again. I have still felt like crap for most of the day...but at least no vomiting. I hope to NEVER EVER forget my meds again!

1 comments on "My Absolutely Horrible Weekend"

tripntwinmom on May 10, 2009 at 9:01 PM said...

OMG! I am so VERY sorry that you had to go through that... What garbage that is!!!!

Let's hope that never happens again....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates