Sunday, October 26, 2008

Daddy Confusion...


I have a good friend who is a fill-in for me when my regular babysitter can't watch the twins. She also has twins who are 6 months older than S & K so we also spend a lot of our leisure time doing things with them. This usually includes her husband who is a very involved dad and works third shift - so he's usually around during play dates and outings.

Here's the thing....S has decided to call this man "Daddy". He does it all the time. In fact today when we met, S went running when Cedrick got there and said "Mommy it's my Daddy!!" Cedrick is a great role model for him and I love the fact that S feels connected to him, but I don't want him calling him Daddy. Anytime he does this I correct him and tell him, no his name is Cedrick but then S gets upset and insists he is Daddy.

Now I don't think S is doing it because he truly thinks Cedrick is his dad but rather because that's what his 2 friends call him. Cedrick has been good about it and doesn't mind, but also tries to correct him. I guess part of me worries that people think that my poor child has to find other men to be their daddy because of the choice I made.

Who knows what I should do? I will continue to try and correct S, but when I do it to the point of making S upset, I feel like I am making it worse.

And just to add some comic relief to the mix, this man is black which kind of makes it funny to see my sheet white child run around the playground yelling Daddy at him

0 comments on "Daddy Confusion..."

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates