Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Guess I'm Just Weird


A post on another SMBC site got me thinking. She had posted on how she is still wishing that she could find Mr Right. It makes me realize more and more that I am a weird one. I don't want that and I don't see myself changing.

I like being alone. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a mom and will surround myself with them as long as I can, but the thought of being alone when they are grown doesn't scare me at all. In fact, I kinda look forward to it. Even now I sometimes can't wait for 8pm when the twins go down for the night and I can do whatever I want.

Before the twins were born I loved it when I didn't have anything to do. I worked a lot more hours than I do now, but when I was at home I loved just staying in my PJ's all day long and lounging around the house. I could spend the whole weekend never leaving the house or talking to a single person and that was just fine by me. I was pretty introverted but I liked it that way. Since having the twins, I have forced myself to become more of an extrovert, constantly going to events and play dates, which right now I love, but a part of me can't wait to go back to the old me.

I think I baffle the people around me. My mom can't understand why anyone would want to be alone. Friends always say "your young, you will find a husband" and other SMBC look forward to getting into the dating scene. I am just not like that. To me, being a SMBC was plan A. It wasn't "if I can't find Mr Right" it was "I don't want Mr Right".

So for the next 18+ years I will enjoy being around my kids. I will love going to play dates, field trips, parties and sports events. I will continue to lead the chaotic lifestyle of a parent. But when the time comes when my children leave home, I will also enjoy the quiet and solitude.

I guess I'm just weird.

2 comments on "I Guess I'm Just Weird"

t on October 27, 2008 at 12:55 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Twin Mommy on October 27, 2008 at 4:22 PM said...

Actually Theresa, I don't have an extended family. My siblings all live out of state and although my parents live about an hour away, we only see them every few months. It's very much just me and the twins...but like I said, doesn't bother me :)

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates