Sunday, March 29, 2009

Holy Sh!t...The Mother of all Migraines


I am not a major migraine sufferer. I usually have one a month...right around AF. It sucks, but usually I can work through them if need be and 99% of the time Alieve will take care of the pain. Last Saturday I had a HORRIBLE one. One so bad that I considered going to the ER. So bad, that I laid in the dark and cried. So bad that I threw up a few times. Once I woke up the next morning, it was gone and I hoped I wouldn't see that kind of migraine for a long time.

Then yesterday, after my MS walk I started with a migraine again. Quickly it escalated in pain and intensity. By dinner time I was laying in bed again in horrible pain. Again, the pain was unbearable...even worse then the weekend before. Around nine o'clock the vomiting started and this time didn't stop. Every 20-30 minutes I was up retching. Nothing in my stomach and the increased pressure on my head made this even worse. I think I finally fell asleep around 12:30a.

I woke up this morning with hopes that my horrible time would be over...sadly I was wrong. I still had this migraine from hell, now on the other side. Today it never got to the point of tears, but again I was bed-ridden. I searched the house for anything and could only find the Vicoden that was left over from my back injury. They didn't touch it. It wasn't until about 7p tonight that the pain finally left and I could stand up again. Of course we were in major need of groceries so I had to do that in my post-migraine haze.

And my poor house. Just imagine 2 three year olds with minimal supervision for over 24 hours. They were left free to their own devices and could get into any room or box they chose to. Just a few things include play-doh in the carpet...toy boxes emptied everywhere...all the reachable food either eaten or scattered about the house. Ugh...this is when being a single mom bites.

I am afraid that this will come again. I have never had migraines like these and now 2 in one week. For the next few days I will take Alieve every morning to keep these headaches at bay, but I will need to stop soon as they are contraindicated with pregnancy and of course I may be pregnant now. I hope to hell I won't experience another headache like this for awhile. If I do, I will need to look into prescription treatments because this cannot become a part of my life.

0 comments on "Holy Sh!t...The Mother of all Migraines"

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates