Monday, March 16, 2009

Why Do I Have Insurance?



So every paycheck I pay over $100 in premiums for insurance that I don't think does much. I am still getting denial letters about K's emergency room visit. We need to make individual and family deductibles before they will pay. Well it looks like for an $800 visit, I will be paying over half of that. I am on medications monthly that insurance doesn't want to pay for. I need 60 pills and they will provide 30 and charge me an outrageous $40 for. I am going through the appeals process now, but if they charge me $80 a month for them, I will be figuring out a way to live without them. S needs sealants for his teeth. Insurance is debating still on whether or not they will pay for that. I have honestly thought about dropping my kids from my insurance and getting them both on Medicaid. My income would actually allow that, the deductibles are next to nothing and so many more things are covered.
Sad, right...that I do the right thing and get screwed for it.

1 comments on "Why Do I Have Insurance?"

tripntwinmom on March 17, 2009 at 11:34 AM said...

I say go for it. It is sad, but I have seen FIRST HAND exactly what Medicaid covers and it is good. When kids go to the ER on Medicaid, the mom pays NOTHING. No copay, no bill, no NOTHING! I think that it is pathestic that our society has come to this, but do what you have to do and if it has come down to this, I say go for it!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates