Sunday, March 15, 2009

What One Year of MS Can Look Like


Approximately one year ago I started treatment for my MS. There are 4 different basic options right now. They are all injections given on a different schedule. They all cause pretty significant side effect varying in degree. I chose to take Copaxone. While there are still side effects, I felt they were less life altering than the others. Unfortunately this drug is also the most frequent in dosing so I get to give myself daily injections. The side effect that I get, and approximately 70% of it users is very painful, welted, red injection sites. It can be a pretty dramatic reaction, but usually only last 30 minutes to an hour. I figure if this is what I have to deal with to keep the symptoms away, I will.

Since I have started, my neuro says that this drug has gotten better and better results from clinical trials. He is happy with the results so far and is happy with my choice. Currently in trials is an MS pill. Hopefully in the next 10 years I will be able to ditch the shots and start taking pills. What a wonderful day that will be for my skin!

One Years Worth of Shots


1 comments on "What One Year of MS Can Look Like"

tripntwinmom on March 15, 2009 at 10:45 AM said...

Ooooohhhhh, I do hope that you are able to switch to pills eventually. Shots cannot be fun. When I used to get allergy shots they were weekly and that was no fun. I cannot imagine every day...Kudos to you for choosing the best option even if it is the most painful one!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates