Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 1


Introduce yourself; Include a recent picture; And 15 interesting facts

Well, I am J. I am a 31 year old single mom by choice to three amazing kids. I live on the East Coast but grew up in Canada. I work as a registered nurse with cancer patients, and have been doing this for 11 years. I am severely overweight :0( and was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2008. I am a homebody who prefers a night at home with my family over a night on the town.
I am the oldest of five kids. I have one step sister and three half siblings. I am the only child of my mother and father. I never knew my father though, he left my mom when she was pregnant. Only one sibling, J, the youngest, lives around here. The other three live in Canada and I really don't have any contact with them.

15 Interesting Facts
  1. I have never wanted to be married or in a long term relationship. In fact I have never been in a significant relationship. I have an unhealthy fear of abandonment (thank you biological father) and grew up in a very abusive household (thank you mom's first husband). When I was a teenager I was already talking about having my family using a sperm donor.
  2. I found my biological grandparents when I was a teen. When I called them they asked that I never call back. I am pretty sure that within the last few years I have also found my dad, but he doesn't respond to any of my attempts at communication.
  3. I was obsessed with twins as a child/teen. All my dolls were twins, I read twin books, I did science reports. Where ever I could work twins into the subject I did. I decided that I would adopt twin girls from China because I knew I would never have twins on my own since there is no history in my family. I guess the moral here is be careful what you wish for :0)
  4. My mom named all her kids using a name with the first letter J. For this reason I refuse to have two children with the same first letter. For this reason some of the names that are out for future children are McKenna, Madison, Kadence, Morgan, Jordan and Karter.
  5. I have always wanted 4 or 5 children. I never felt a strong desire to be pregnant so I was fine with starting, and potentially sticking with adoption to build my family. Obviously after losing Zach I turned to pregnancy, but if his adoption would have been successful, there is a good chance I would never have had biological children. I still hold a desire to adopt, but due to red tape, risk and finances, I don't think it will ever happen.
  6. I still want to have another child - big surprise. I figure I have a few years to get some things in order before I have to make a final decision on this.
  7. I have a horrible sleep schedule. I am a night owl and can't acclimate. I go to bed every night after midnight and wake up at 6a or 7a depending on whether or not I am working. I hate it. I could sleep in until noon every day if the kids let me.
  8. I nap everyday that I don't work. Whether it's from the MS, my lack of sleep or my hectic schedule I live and work tired all the time. I would say that I have a moderate level of fatigue at all times and it does wear me down at times.
  9. I used to love to scrapbook and actually had both the twins first year scrapbook done by the time they were 14 months. Since those books I haven't done anything. I just can't find the time and the motivation.
  10. I follow routine to a tee. I would love to live in this home until I die. I have the same home phone number that I did 12 years ago and although I would like to get rid of my land line I can't because then I would loose the number. My email has been the same since high school and for the same reason, I can't change it. I have worked in the same place since I graduated nursing school. I have often gone out of my way to keep things the same even when they cause me more hardship or challenge.
  11. I watch far too much TV, but never when it's actually on. The twins control the TV so all my shows get DVR'd. It's well into the summer before I catch up on all my shows.
  12. In High school I played basketball and was quite good. I was on a team that ranked 6th in the province.
  13. In high school I won the "Christian Leadership Award" which is a huge joke to this day, because if you know me, you know that I go between agnostic and atheism. I was that way then too. I guess I put on a good show.
  14. For the 7th and 8th grade I maintained the highest grade in the entire school. Every semester the released the top ten and I was number one :0)
  15. I often feel that my only purpose in life is to be a mom. It's the only thing I think I do well and love doing. Everything else is just what I have to do to be a good mom.
I tried really hard on these. I didn't want to just put stuff you guys already knew.

1 comments on "Day 1"

tripntwinmom on April 8, 2011 at 7:31 AM said...

So much of what you wrote I can just nod my head in agreement which is why we get along so well! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates