Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 27


Pets

Currently there is one pet in the house. Madilyn, or Maddy, is a white Mutt I got from the pound almost 11 years ago. The thought is she is a Brittany Spaniel, English Setter Mix. She is about 50 pounds and has the longest, white, pain in the butt hair. When I first purchased her, she was my child. She was spoiled rotten. She saw Santa and the Easter Bunny each year; received 3 to 4 packages in the mail each month; was the star of my Christmas cards and photographic hobby. She was pretty much another human in the house.


I feel bad for Maddy as now I sometimes question whether or not she has been fed each day. Sadly with the time and energy committments of three kids, Maddy is at the bottom of the totem pole for me. I have already decided that when she goes, we will be a pet free home. I am happy though that S has really bonded with her. He loves her a lot and talks about her often. I have told S that Maddy is his dog now and he does pretty well with the responsibility, considering he is 5.

In the past I have had two other dogs. I had a black lab for a few years named Connor. She was a sweet dog who was dumb as dirt. Sadly when I became pregnant with the twins I could barely care for myself and since Connor was fairly new to the family, she was given to a friend. Also, when I was a teen I had a dog named Zach (see, I have loved the name for years :) ) He was a Cocker Spaniel Mix. I had him about one year. When we moved into a new home my mom wouldn't allow him in the house - he wasn't house trained - and he couldn't be an outside dog.

1 comments on "Day 27"

battynurse on April 26, 2011 at 10:56 PM said...

My animals are like my kids. Granted right now my cat is my baby and my dog inspires much guilt. Long story but I get how they become your children, especially with the absence of actual children.
That Easter pic of your kids in the previous post is really cute. They sure are getting big.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates