Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 24


Something You've Learned

I have learned a lot of things in the past 31 years. Heck, I truly believe that I learn something new everyday. There are a few life lessons I have learned along the way, and most of them were learned the hard way.

Never Get Comfortable - it seems like every time I get 'comfortable' in life, I am thrown a curve ball. Financial instability, illness, the loss of Zach, they all came at times in my life were I was relaxed, feeling content with the idea that I was in control. I obviously wasn't. Unfortunately, I haven't felt 'comfortable' in a long time, and even then, when I am starting to make headway in certain areas something unexpected comes my way to push me back.

People Don't Change - I know a lot of people argue with me on this one. In my life, no one has changed. They may put on a front for awhile, but eventually their true self shines through again. This is what has caused me to shut people out of my life. I don't believe they will ever change into people I want in my life, so why waste the energy on them.

The Only Person I can Truly Rely on is Me - Everything I have in life, all my accomplishments, times of joy, material things I have earned on my own. Nothing has ever been given to me. I was not born with a silver spoon. And while some may see this lesson as a negative one I don't. I am a stubborn, independent person and I take care of my own. I wouldn't have it any other way. I do not want to be 'cared for'. I like being my own person and I think it has given me incredible strength and resilience.

You Get From Things What You Put Into Them - I spend the greatest amount of energy, emotion and time on my children and as a result I get the greatest amount of joy, accomplishment and happiness from them. I also put in a great deal of effort into my job, and while it is tough, I do enjoy my work. Many of the things in my life which bring me negativity and stress are things that I tend to neglect or see poorly to begin with. This is a lesson in which I continue to learn, and one I still have a lot of work on.

1 comments on "Day 24"

tripntwinmom on April 28, 2011 at 4:53 PM said...

True...Very true...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates