Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 3


Your First Love

Well, as I said in Day 1's post, I have never been in a serious relationship, so never really had a 'love'. So as dorky as it sounds, my first love would have to be Zachary James...my first son.
He was born on August 31st 2004 and I took him home 2 days later. I fell in love with him the second I saw him. There was never any question in my heart, he was mine.

He had light brown/blond hair and blue eyes. He was the chubby baby I would not get with my biological children. He had a wonderful temperament and was a really good baby. Many people commented that he looked like me - the chubby helped - and the two of us made a great little family.

For almost 6 months my heart was full and I was the happiest I had ever been. I was looking forward to completing the adoption and that summer requesting a second child. Zach was sitting on his own and almost crawling. He loved playing with toys and lying on the floor with the dogs. He was often smiling and had a mouth full of teeth.

The day he was taken was my darkest day. I don't think I left the house for days. I cried non-stop and lost the will to live. There are times I look back and wonder how I made it through, knowing the thoughts I had within me. He left March 5th 2005. If I hadn't found a way to see some hope and start the TTC process I don't think I would have made it.

On the one year anniversary of his loss, I was holding the twins who were only a few weeks old. I know that logically there is no way I would have the twins if Zach never left, but I would like to think that in a perfect world I would still have all four of my children.

2 comments on "Day 3"

tripntwinmom on April 8, 2011 at 7:36 AM said...

And, my heart aches for you... What a loss you had to endure. :( The ONLY good that I can see that came out of that is S & K, but I completely agree that you SHOULD have all 4 of your kids right now....Z was a beautiful baby and you were a fabulous mother to him for those 6 months that you took care of him. What a gift you gave him! ((((HUGS))))

battynurse on April 10, 2011 at 3:59 PM said...

That is so hard and is truly one of the biggest reasons why I've avoided adoption to this point. I'm sorry you've had to deal with this.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates