Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 4


Your Parents

My mom D is going to be 53 this year. She has black hair, brown eyes and has an olive complexion. She also struggles with her weight, but it much more successful in controlling it than I am. She was born in Canada, was raised in Florida and then moved back to Canada again shortly before my birth. She now currently lives near me in the States. She is also a nurse, although until recently never worked as one. She graduated from nursing school when I was a toddler, but ran a home daycare while we kids were growing up. In the last 6 or 7 years she has started working as a nurse in different settings and specialties.

She has not had an easy life. She grew up with an alcoholic, abusive father. She ended up pregnant in her early 20's with me, but my biological father didn't stick around. She raised me on her own until I was 2-ish when she married her first husband Jose. He was another horrible, abusive man who made life for my mom and me miserable. For the next 10 years he came in and out of our life, adding three more kids to the mix, until he was deported back to his birth country, Venezuela. It was around this time that I mom married her current husband, and the man I call Dad, D. They have now been married for 15 or 16 years (I know...bad that I don't know)

Here is a pic of my mom...but she is like me and hates her photo taken. As a result I had virtually nothing to chose from and this was it.
My dad is going to be 51 this year. He has light brown hair and blue eyes. He works as an engineer. He worked for all long time in the cell phone industry but recently has started working in the health care field. He grew up and spent most his adult life in Canada before moving here about 12 years ago. He enjoys work, but even more he enjoys his cabin. I think he would live there if my mom would let him. He also enjoys travel, outdoor activities and in a past life was a small game hunter. He has been pretty good to my mom and us kids.

He has had some rough times too. He has a daughter who is one year younger than me. He also had a son, but sadly he died from a form of bone cancer when he was just three years old. After this, his marriage quickly dissolved and his first wife kind of went crazy. She became pretty abusive and eventually they divorced. Shortly after this, he met my mom.

My kids love their Pop-pop and I love to see them with him. Since they don't have a father, my dad is really their main male role model and he has really embraced this role. I think S would spend every moment with him if I let him, and I assume M will be the same.

1 comments on "Day 4"

tripntwinmom on April 11, 2011 at 11:03 AM said...

You are so blessed to have such a GREAT, involved Dad for your boys. I am truly envious...

And, to still have both of your parents. Well, you know...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates