Sunday, September 21, 2008

Addictions....



Well we all know one of my addictions is food. I use food as a comfort to feel better. To stuff my feelings in deeper with every bite I take and while I feel pure joy while doing it, I feel like shit later. I wish food was my only outlet, my only life affecting problem. Sadly I have another issue when I am feeling down, anxious or stressed.

I like to spend. I like to buy clothes and toys for the kids. I hardly ever buy anything for me. Lately whenever I go out I find clothes or toys that the kids just 'need'. My friends called today to tell me that Toys R Us had some great sales. So what do I do, I go over and find several Little People sets that I have been trying to find for the twins. Yes, they were a good price, but they were not things I needed nor really could afford. Credit Cards can be such a problem sometimes but sometimes I really do need them (ie the flat tire last week) so I don't want to just get rid of them. I think once I pay everything off, I will at least downsize to one. I will say in my defense though that my credit card debt is not nearly as bad as many people I have heard, but that doesn't mean it can't get there.

I can tell you that right now I have enough gifts for the kids for Christmas. They do NOT need anything else and I hope that in the next three months I don't continue my spending at the same rate. If I do...I will be in big trouble!

1 comments on "Addictions...."

tripntwinmom on September 22, 2008 at 7:28 PM said...

I am with you girl! I tore up mine years ago for that EXACT same reason. I just could NOT control myself. Now, if I NEED or WANT something, I MUST be able to pay cash for it or not get it at all...

Makes you REALLY miss lay-a-way!!!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates