Thursday, September 11, 2008

My Random Thought of the Day...


I am always a good tipper. I hardly have any money, but I make sure that when I go out to eat, I tip the server at least 20% with a minimum of $5. I was always like this, but since I started dragging out 2yo twins and the disgusting messes they make, I am even more convinced that our server needs a nice tip.


So why are there people who just think that tipping is a luxury. Do these people not realize that many of these servers make NOTHING from the restaurant and that their sole source of income is the tip!? There is nothing that drives me more crazy then poor tipping (okay well maybe not nothing, but you get the idea) I have never been a waitress, which is funny considering how flustered I get about this topic.


My problem is there is someone who takes us out about once a month. I am very appreciative of the gesture, but she is a lousy tipper. I start to get anxious before the meal even gets there because I know that despite how hard (s)he will work, despite all the crumbs, spilled drinks, requests for refills and enough napkins to soak up a small lake, they will get nothing more then $5 regardless of the total bill.


So what do I do. I know there have even been sitcom episodes on this. I want to bring an extra $5 with me and sneak it on the table as we leave, but if this person saw that she would probably get upset. I don't want her to think we don't appreciate what she is doing, but I also hate what we are leaving the server. I am guessing I just need to get over it. If I want to go out with this woman I will have to accept that she doesn't tip, or I guess avoid the situation all together.

sigh...

1 comments on "My Random Thought of the Day..."

tripntwinmom on September 14, 2008 at 8:47 PM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates