Thursday, September 18, 2008

My Heart Just Can't Take It...


Remember that patient with end stage liver failure from drinking, well I had her again yesterday. She was in much better spirits and doing better. Her three year old daughter was coming to visit and my patient was just giddy with excitement. She wanted her bath early and made sure we got her dressed and in her chair. You could see her beaming with pride and she could barely contain herself.

I happened to be in the room when her daughter got there. This toddler shrieked with joy and ran to her mother. She was touching and rubbing all over her saying "mommy, mommy" over and over again. She took her face and started rubbing it against her mommy's arm. It was the most amazing display of love that this little girl had for her mommy. As I walked out of the room I could feel myself well up.

As touching and amazing as this scene was, it tears me up knowing this woman is dying and this three year old will not have her mom for very long. This is one of the things I hate about my job.

2 comments on "My Heart Just Can't Take It..."

t on September 19, 2008 at 6:45 PM said...

Hi Jamie! I hope it's ok that I am looking at your blog, it's not set to private so I hope so.

I'm sorry to hear about your patient. I would have a hard time emotionally doing your job. You are a really strong person!

tripntwinmom on September 22, 2008 at 7:25 PM said...

Wow! That is a tough one. I could not handle that either. How sad...

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates